meeb

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tasks 21 & 22

Ok, I have attempted to download the videos on my computer and the computers at work and neither of them will let it happen. I did read the stuff I could and read about Li2.0. I am somewhere between Jack and Catherine. I know how Catherine feels about drowning and dying of boredom but I also am encouraged by Jack's enthusiasm. I think we need to think about just what it is we want the library to be. Maybe we will have to revise the definition of "library" Emily and I have had some of this conversation. I like game night, don't get me wrong, but I still feel like that should be the function of a "recreation department" I know that we have recreational books and that books are traditional media for libraries. Now we have electronic media and video games are electronic recreational media. Have patience with the elderly, Emily, it may take us a little longer to get our feeble old minds wrapped around these new functions of the library. And just saying that makes me think that this is going to be a process. We won't do this overnight and our patrons won't expect or even know how to use this overnight. I think it is important to keep an open mind and to keep learning and evolving. Thanks for getting us jump started, Emily. It has been a lot of fun.

No comments: