meeb

Friday, November 24, 2006

2nd post for Challenge

This has been a fun exercise in resetting my password. I still don't know if it is correct since I got in here by resetting the password and I put down the very same thing I had the last time I was in here. Anne and Catherine have blogs now too and I have to figure out how to be able to see them. If that is what is expected. I'm not sure about that yet. Thanksgiving was good. We went up to Lexington and picked up Ron's Mom and met his brother and new girlfriend at Cracker Barrell for a turkey dinner. It was surprisingly an enjoyable Thanksgiving. No cooking, no cleaning and no all day relatives. Katy went which made it more family for me versus "Ron's family". No shopping today other than Ron picking up a drill press on sale at Tractor Supply that was at a good sale price. Ralph let Ron borrow his Jeep to transport it since he and Betty are in Berea for the weekend. When we drove to Lexington yesterday we were amused that the bug is the biggest car we have since we had to take Katy up there and then make sure we had room to take his mom with us to the cracker barrell. Ron's car has as much room but he travels with more junk in the back seat than I do. Yesterday we had time to go to church, play ping pong, walk a few miles, and do thanksgiving dinner. No muss, no fuss. Ron's mom did say she kind of missed cooking the big meal and I can see that but when you think about cooking all that stuff for just a few people, it just takes a lot of the fun out of it. I imagine we had 20 people for thanksgiving when I was a kid. Unless we had the relatives from out of state too. That is just the folks from B-town. Ron's mom did say she was up to knitting a baby blanket to go with the cradle Ron made for Jessica's baby. We have to go out to Walmart and pick out some yarn. That and go catch a movie except the one Ron wanted to see, "Flags of our Fathers" is no longer playing here. Maybe we can catch it on DVD soon. I suppose that is enough...I neeed to get some paint on that canvas sometime this weekend. I have finished the bottles and am working on the plates, bowls and glasses. The glasses are coming along but it really shows if they aren't straight up and down. Something else to fix. I stained the coffee table Ron made for Katy for Christmas. I think this is the best thing he has done...well, no, it isn't better than the easel but it is very nice for something out of the dark, screechy space of Ron's garage. Hope she likes it! TA TA, Carol

No comments: