meeb

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Author Websites

I at first selected Orson Scott Card as the author I wanted to do but once I got to his site and started looking around, I decided I don’t like him at all. So then I looked at Christopher Moore’s site which was ok. I didn’t see a lot of intriguing information there but I did like Lamb (a lot). I looked for Khaled Hosseini but he wasn’t on the yellow pages but I found him through a google search. His site is http://www.khaledhosseini.com/ there are videos of himself talking about writing and Afghanistan. They are very touching. I clicked on the Barbara Kingsolver site and was hooked. I learned that The Bean Trees came out in May of 87 and I thought it was earlier than that but when I think of it... that was 21 years ago, a month after Katy was born. I remember reading the book and liking it, they say it is a required book for a lot of high schools. Cool, I should probably reread it. Anyway, there are things about her and her books and the excerpts I read, even of her books I have already read, make me want to read them again. The most I can say for her is that she got an index to her latest book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, on her website (it’s not in the book) and I have got to read that. Sally took it out in audio a while back and I don’t know if I will get that or the book version. Either way, I highly recommend Barbara Kingsolver’s books and website.

No comments: