meeb

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Back Home again Tuesday evening

Hi Readers,
Just got back from the annual cookie exchange with the Red Hatters at Windsor Gardens. The piano player (yes, Emily, he is the same man who plays organ at St. Joe) played Christmas songs on the baby grand while Bobbie, Emma, Rita and I serenaded the rest of the group with carols. The gingerbread men looked great but I know that they must taste like cardboard as long as I had to keep them in a warm oven for the icing to dry hard enough to transport them. I came home with at least 3 dozen cookies that I'm sure are better tasting than the ones I took but not so labor intensive. Edible though they may be. Ky is playing basketball on tv so I took time to load a photo of myself taken last year at Graceland. I will try to get to the flickr site tomorrow morning and upload the latest vacation photos we have. They haven't even been downloaded to the computer yet and we have been home over three weeks. I would make a lousy scrapbooker... I am reading "King Dork" by Frank Portman now and am impressed. The main character talks about "The Catcher in the Rye" a lot and I think this book is better than Salinger's. Of course I'm only 1/3 of the way through it. This is one of the best YA books I have run across. So, instead of reading my own pitiful musings I think I will go back to the book while the game is on. Ya'll take care. Carol

No comments: