meeb

Thursday, December 28, 2006

web 2.0 awards

I spent a lot of time on the web awards page because there was a lot of sites to look at. There seemed to be a lot of redundancy and over-lapping. I was happy to see that a lot of the sites we have been using for this challenge were on the winner list...Meebo, Bloglines, writely, & flickr and an honorable mention for Librarything. Cool, we are on the cutting edge. I put a bunch of the most interesting on my delicious site so I could go back to them and explore them. I really liked Craig's list because you can go to any city and find out what is going on there. I also liked Avvenu.com because it will allow you to access your home computer from a different one somewhere else. I did the download on that but got to thinking about how I really didn't have that much stuff going on on my computer at home and that it may be a security risk...even though with it being a web 2.0 award winner you would think they had checked out all the kinks in the programs and that they would be safe. I liked the idea of the grassroots honorable mention Knowmore.org a web based community dedicated to chronicling and resisting...corporate, environmental, human rights abuses. The kind of thing the web 2.0 would be it's highest calling. The caption on a photo says it all..."Don't complain about the media; become the media."

No comments: