meeb

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

challenge 9, Vault

It has taken me a while to go through Vault because there is just so much interesting stuff on there. First I downloaded the resume, cover letter and interviewing guide. It came in an email as an adobe document and I gotta say that it is a good thing we got hard copies of these guides. If you depended on the library's computers to get this info you would time out before you could really get started reading it. The guide was full of useful advice and I think it would be a great help to anyone who is doing a resume for the first time or who hasn't done it in a while. I looked at some of the surveys of people working in different jobs and that was an eyeopener. I am glad I'm not in corporate banking (booooring). There were a lot of ways to find out what jobs were like but I thought they were a little light on practical advice on where to get more information about the training or schools required. I looked at some of the airline careers and they did have useful information in the business list about where to go (online) for information about hiring and jobs. I was looking at the i.t. certification courses and it said they were nice to have and sometimes absolutely necessary but unless I knew where to go for the certification, the Vault was not a help to get me started in finding how to get these certifications. Make sense? I also downloaded the guide on starting your own business. I didn't read it all but it seemed like worthy information and I will recommend it to our customers. We get a lot of requests for books on small business start-ups.

No comments: