meeb

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sat 8/29/09

Holy Cow, Didn't make it yesterday because we had the grandson Richard here all day and by the time they left I was wiped out. I don't know how my daughter does it. I guess that she is less than 1/2 my age and that SHE and not I am the mother of that child. I'm too old to be the mother of an infant. That I know for sure now. He's a cutie pie though. Laughs and coo's. Wants to stand up and jump up and down. Did not want to eat peas though even in the absence of any thing better. Just wasn't going for the peas. Ron and I hot tubbed after he and his parents went home. A good ending to a long day. Today we drove around waiting for something to come to us to do. Saw Terri Osborne when we stopped for cash at the bank, Went to the farmers market and got 4 ears of corn for supper. Went to take the package to return to L.L. Bean back to the Ups store but they were closed. Went to Hibbets Sporting Goods store for the shoe sale but Ron didn't like any of the offerings. Went to Peebles to look at what they had and ended up getting him a pair and me a pair at 1/2 off. Went to Penn Station for lunch and watched Ted Kennedy's funeral on TV. YoYo Ma and Placido Domingo performed. This is the epitome of funerals. Later tonight I watched online the eulogy by President Barack Obama. Wow. it doesn't get any better than that...Except maybe Jesus himself giving communion. Oww. that is bad. Obama's eulogy was nice. I wonder If he wrote it himself. I spent the afternoon making a spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes, fresh basil & fresh peppers from my garden. I canned 3 pints of it since we are leaving for over a week and I want to have it for Katy and me later. Ron and I had what was left with some italian sausage that was in the freezer. I am stuffed. It took all afternoon to do that though. Oh and I steamed and froze some okra. This was all afternoon. Imagine doing this all summer. Doing this all day and holding down a full time job. I know women who did it but I don't know how. Youth. I think the Mrs Sharpe did when I was babysitting for them. She had a job at the doctor's offfice, raised two boys and a husband and I think she put up a bunch of groceries in the evening. That's a vague memory. She quit that though. The marriage I mean. I don't know if she quit the mothering or the job or the putting up food. Go with God girl. A little late but that is what I hope happened to her. I was gone into the Air Force when that all happened and don't know the peculiars. The younger son used to come into the library but I haven't seen him since we moved to the new building. that's been awhile. I hope he is all right. He used to love Spiderman...at least he loved Spiderman for the short time I babysat. I;m trying to remember his first name. It will come to me later. I'm going to stop this and get my stomach delfated somehow. I am stuffed to the gills. Domani. Carol

No comments: