meeb

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday 8/25

Not a whole lot to write here. I'm not sure I learned anything new today. I made some observations though. The middle age girls who walk all over town in the morning as a group are allowed to split up. There were three walking about 100 yards in front of the other 5 or 6 this morning. Double anxiety for Gus when it came time to pass them. Ron said that Gus pulled the leash out of his hand and took off running when a male youth approached him to sell him cookies or something while he was on his walk this evening. Gus has got to get over it. Work today was pretty calm. I worked on getting the magazines in order and deleted a lot that had slipped through the crack. Some magazines that were in the catalog from 2003. I know we don't have those any more. The books for the book group came in and I sent out an e-mail for the folks to come pick them up. I hope this book is better than the last one we did (Skeletons at the Feast). It started out pretty good but the author got himself bogged down near the end. There was some pretty graphic violence too, which I'm sure didn't go far in making folks want to continue past the first few chapters. On the way home from work, It occurred to me to take photos of our stuff for insurance purposes and post them on my computer at work. Vacation paranoia. How are we going to prove all the stuff we have to All-State when we return from vacation to a house that has burned to the ground or been ripped off because no one was here. I think I will do that tonight when I wake up and can't get back to sleep or early in the morning. The copy of National Geographic the library got in the mail today has a big article on renewable energy facilities that are already in place. That book I just read ($20 Per Gallon) and several others pretty much say that we can't get there...that we can't replace the level of energy we now produce with gas and oil with renewable resources. I suppose every little bit helps but we should get used to the idea that conservation, cutting back and doing without is inevitable. It amazes me that I will never know the outcome. I can tell Richard to let me know but how's he gonna do that? Maybe Gran and Grandaddy have box seats. That would be cool. TTFN. Carol

No comments: